Major Todd Hughey
The SLED Forensic Services Laboratory is a full service crime laboratory that serves criminal
justice agencies throughout South Carolina. The laboratory began operation in the early 1950s
and has steadily grown during ensuing years. Pursuant to § 23-3-15, 1976 South Carolina Code
of Laws, as amended, SLED is given exclusive statewide jurisdiction to operate a comprehensive
forensic laboratory on behalf of the State. Services are provided to local, state, and federal
agencies for cases involving suspected criminal activity. The laboratory’s operating hours are
8:30 A.M. to 5:00 P.M., Monday – Friday (excluding state holidays). All departments have staff
on call for responses after normal business hours.
FORENSIC SERVICES LABORATORY – OBJECTIVES
1. To provide the criminal justice system in South Carolina with a full-service forensic laboratory.
2. To employ persons of the highest possible ethical and educational standards and furnish them with the necessary training.
3. To perform work with a high degree of accuracy, quality, and efficiency.
Choose a Department below:
Customer Notices and Forms
Sexual assault evidence collection protocols, instructions, and other forms and information are no longer included in the SLED Sexual Assault Evidence Collection Kit box, and are instead now posted here. This will allow for increased ability to update and expand instruction when necessary without having to involve an external vendor. You will find that these forms are the same or similar to those formerly found in the kit box.
It is strongly recommended that each facility print a master copy of each form, so that in the event that internet access or this site is not available when needed, evidence collection is not delayed.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the forms below, please contact the SLED Forensic DNA Casework Department at (803) 896-7383 Monday through Friday 08:30am to 05:00pm. If necessary, we can be reached at (803) 737-9000 during non-business hours.
- SLED Sexual Assault Examination Protocol
- SLED Sexual Assault Evidence Collection Kit Instructions
- SLED Sexual Assault Examination Protocol – NEW KIT 08.2020
- SLED Sexual Assault Evidence Collection Kit Instructions – NEW KIT 08.2020
- SLED Sexual Assault Kit Packaging Instructions with Photos –NEW KIT 08.2020
- SLED Sexual Assault Evidence Collection Kit - Important Information for the Collector
- SLED Date Rape Drug Supplemental Instructions
- DCVC SAP Billing Claim Form
- DCVC SAP Medical Release Protocol Form
- Notice of Change - SOVA to DCVC
- SCCADVASA SA Member Program List